Friday, December 8, 2017

The Tomato's Tale

And today I met this round twins and sumptuous looking tomato fruit

By the side of the garden the plant grew, I haven’t noticed it till now

1.

Hanging down from her stalk hopelessly like her weight was the plants burden

Where the ants made an abode, in and out they traversed without care

And hers was red with the suns anger and she seemed quite unperturbed

I looked at her again, she bounced about, shy, with the winds push

A huge fly buzzed about her loudly, deafening even I that stood a bit far off

She stared back at me, blushing with the winds unwelcomed surge, I shrugged

Well, hello little man. You have seen me much. To what do I owe your gazing?’

‘I am a passerby, I happened to catch your unusual color against the greenery’

‘Oh thank you, I was aware I wasn’t a museum the last time I checked that was why’

She was disturbed on my presence, it was uninviting, I would feel same too

‘Toh, your beauty has kept me dumbfounded, forgive me fair tomato fruit, 

‘I haven’t found one who combined both grace and grass to such perfectionism’ I said

With a wave of the leaves, the tomato plant seemed to dance or accepted my plea

2.

And now if I let myself ponder on the life of this fellow, how lonely it seemed-

Fulfilling though, she was sitted on good clay, and the wind was her tryst anchor

Yet, I came to learn about this plant, her benevolence to her neighbors

Her humility and perseverance in the stubborn winds and noisy intruders, 

Her patience in the sun, the embarrassing ways psssersby stare at her nakedness

And the refuge she provided to others, to the bees, ants and we who find her a delicacy

This tomato had made me fall in love, not just with my heart, but with my stomach too… 

No comments:

Post a Comment